UNACCOMPANIED CHILD POLICY (JANUARY 16, 2015)
1. Children 12 years old and younger may not travel unaccompanied.
2. Children 13 and 14 may travel unaccompanied if the following have been met.
A. The parents or guardians have made arrangements with the corporate office of Northwestern Stage Lines at least 48 hours ahead of the time of departure. Call 800 366 6975 or 509 838 4029 Monday through Saturday 8:00am to 5:00pm. The driver will then be notified that the unaccompanied child will be riding.
B. The child's trip must begin and end on the same schedule. Transfers are not allowed.
C. The origin and destination stations or agencies must be staffed and open at the time the child departs or arrives. See the list at the Customer Service- Children Traveling Alone page.
D. The parent, guardian or legal custodian must complete the and sign the Unaccompanied Child Form and give to the driver at the time of baording and departing the bus.
E. IF the child is not met by theperson named responsible on the Unaccompanied Child FOrm, or if the person does not present appropriate picture identification, the child will be released to the custody of Child Protective Services or to local law enforcement.
F. The child must have a cell phone and have the phone numbers of the responsible parties at both ends of the trip.
3. If any of these conditions are not met the child will not be able to travel unless accompanied by another passenger fiftenn (15) years of age or older who will care for them at all times.
4. The unaccompanied child will pay full fare and tickets cannot be purchased online.
5. Passengers fifteen (15) and older may travel witout restrictions.
For more information call 800 366 3830.